Realm is a very useful tool we are using at St. Barnabas to allow any parishioner to obtain directory information, see your giving information, and communicate with others in the church who share our ministries. Realm has something for everyone in our church and provides modern ways to keep your personal data safe, private and secure but also stay connected as a church family.
First Time Setup Instructions
- Please send your personal information to firstname.lastname@example.org so that a personal profile can be set up for you on Realm. The information requested is:
- Home phone number
- Cell phone number
- Family member names
Those with asterisk(*) are required.
Note: When requesting a Realm invitation, please include on what day you plan to create your account. Your Realm invitation email will be sent on that day since the invitation expires after 72 hours.
- An invitation will be sent to your email. If do not receive it, be sure to check your spam. (Please note Microsoft internet explorer can not be used with Realm.)
- Your username is just your email address. However, you will need to create a password by following the instructions in your invitation. It’s important to write down and keep your new password in an easily accessible location. Once you created a password, you should receive a verification email. Click the link in that email to verify your account.
- You can now log into Realm as a church member by clicking on the Realm link above or on the home page of this website. However, there are a few additional steps you can take to make the experience much better.
- Go into the Realm settings and change your privacy settings to public so that “everyone in our church” can see your directory information. This online directory is only visible to other members of St. B who have also created a Realm account. We are encouraging everyone to make their contact info visible to all registered users so that others in the St. B community can find you. However, you can always hide all or parts of your personal information — you decide! Your information is never public or searchable on the internet.
- For groups that you are already entered in, please change your email settings to “all content and replies” for each group so you don’t miss any group communications. (Click on the 3 dots next to the group name, click on “email settings” and change it to “all content and replies”.)
- Download the Realm Connect mobile app available for both iOS and Android which will further improve your notifications. Now you will also get instant notifications through your smartphone without relying on email.
- Now you are ready to join groups! Look in the upper left-hand corner and see the menu options icon. Click on groups, and scroll down to see “find groups”. See a list of current groups and click on the one you are interested in. Click “join group” and then click on “send request” to let the group leader know you want to join their group. (Please remember to change the email settings to “all content and replies” so you don’t miss any group communications.)
- Explore the Realm site using the menu options! Click on “news” to see important information about each of your groups. Click on “messages” to see texts from people in your groups. Click on “events” to see an agenda-style calendar of all of the scheduled upcoming events for your groups. Click on “giving” to look at your current pledge donations for the year or print your records from home for tax preparations. Click on “groups” to see which groups you participate in and can now send messages or schedule your important dates to everyone in your group.
Our website will allow newcomers to get to know us and our Facebook page will be our face to the community, but Realm will be the place for communication within our church family.
If you have any further questions about Realm, feel free to contact:
- Realm Support: 1-800-669-2509, option 1
- Realm Help: Click on ? in the upper right corner while logged into Realm (or click on the “Realm Help Center” icon above)
- Any member of the St. Barnabas IT team: Bill Armstrong, Bryan Botsch, Joel Ipe, Sam Wadee, Steve Welch.