Youth Mission Trips have become a mainstay at St. Barnabas since our first one in 2010!
Planned Youth Mission Trips:
- 2019: Plans are not yet finalized.
Past Youth Mission Trips:
- 2018: 2 adults and 5 youth finally traveled to Harrisburg, PA from July 15-20 as part of another Youthworks trip. They served in a food bank and community garden, and beautified the community. Click here to view a presentation from our Youth Mission Trip for 2018.
- 2017: Our trip to Harrisburg, PA had to be postponed due to an injury sustained by the trip leader shortly before the trip.
- 2016: 4 youth and 2 adults joined other churches in Lynn, MA near Boston under the guidance of Youthworks. We served at a soup kitchen, visited folks at an elderly day care facility, and did maintenance work at an area Christian school.
- 2015: 4 youth, 1 college student, and 3 adults joined the Episcopal Diocese of New Jersey in its Mission Trip to repair and build housing damaged by Superstorm Sandy the last week of July 2015. We dug trenches for water and sewer lines to a home in Tuckerton, NJ, sanded drywall on another, and installed lattice on a home in Seaside Heights, NJ. In addition, we canvassed the Tuckerton area to identify additional homes in need of assistance. Thanks to Lighthouse Alliance Church for hosting us and Debi Clarke and A Future With Hope for organizing us. Click here for a photo slide show of the Mission Trip: https://youtu.be/r_r5KBwEeE0
- 2014: Youth and adults from St. Barnabas joined with our sister church in Morristown, Tennessee, to serve the homeless, hungry, and at-risk in Washington, DC, the week of July 4, 2014.
- 2013: 10 youth and 2 adult leaders went to Niagara, NY in 2013 (the week of July 4) at a YouthWorks mission site. Thanks to all who supported the youth.
- 2011 and 2012: The youth group went to Rutland, VT during the last week of June, 2011, then again in 2012 at Youthworks worksites. They had a wonderful experience being the hands and feet of Christ in action and spending time with youth from three other church communities and their leaders. They visited folks in assisted living facilities, nursing homes, help run a bible school for kids, and even helped build new mountain bike trails to stimulate the economy.
- 2010: The youth group went Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania, June 20-25, 2010. Nine youth and two leaders made the trip in two cars, sleeping bags, T shirts and pants, airbeds and pillows, sunscreen and bug spray – to spend a week at Youthworks worksites. They had a wonderful experience being the hands and feet of Christ in action and spending time with youth from three other church communities and their leaders.